Narendra Modi`s fast in AC tent was drama: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Hitting out at Narendra Modi, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal today said that fasts observed by the Gujarat Chief Minister few years back in air-conditioned tents was a drama.
"The dharna I had undertaken outside Rail Bhawan was not a drama but was for a cause. Sleeping outside on road in 4 degree Celsius on a chilly January night is not a joke.
"Modi had observed fasts in air-conditioned tents in the past the cost of which was borne by Adani. This is drama and not sleeping outside in cold," said Kejriwal.
He was referring to a series of fasts undertaken by Modi as part of his Sadbhavna Mission (Goodwill Mission) in 2011 and 2012, meant to reach out to the minority community in Gujarat.
Kejriwal was speaking at a rally in Mongolpuri from where AAP candidate and former Delhi minister Rakhi Birla is in fray from the North East Delhi constituency.
The AAP leader added that he sat on dharna for security of women because the police commissioner refused to fix responsibility in two cases including gangrape of a Danish woman in which he had demanded suspension of policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried