Narendra Modi`s `good friend` Jaitley may get key position if NDA wins
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Amritsar: BJP`s Prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi may reward his good friend Arun Jaitley with a key position in the government if NDA comes to power.
The Gujarat Chief Minister threw an indication in this regard on Friday and said Jaitley will be an asset not only to the Centre but also to the Akali Dal-led government in Punjab.
“Arun Jaitley will be of great help to our government in Delhi...If he (Jaitley) comes, it will benefit the Badal government,” the BJP prime ministerial candidate said while addressing his fifth rally in Punjab.
He also told the crowd that that they could expect more from Jaitley than even him. Modi`s remark com in the wake of speculation that Jaitley is frontrunner for the Finance Minister`s position if the NDA comes to power at the Centre.
Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal had recently said during a campaign that Amritsar people would be voting for a possible Deputy Prime Minister in Jaitley.
Praising Jaitley, Modi said that he had been representing Gujarat in the Parliament for many years and his work was an example of how much a Member of Parliament can contribute to the welfare of an area.
Jaitley contesting the elections from Punjab is a loss for Gujarat as a person of his capabilities is rare, he said.
Claiming that Congress` defeat in phases of voting so far is ensured, Modi said the foundation stone of an NDA government has already been laid.
“The Akalis and the BJP are going to form a government in Delhi,” Modi said.
Seeking to connect with his audience, Modi said people of Punjab and Gujarat work for progress wherever they go.
Jaitley is locked in a high voltage contest against former Punjab CM Amarinder Singh of Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda