Narendra Modi`s projection `beginning of end` of BJP: Congress
New Delhi: Congress today said the "beginning of the end" of BJP has started with the projection of Narendra Modi as an all powerful leader in the Lok Sabha elections.
"One dictator, autocrat, with a self-serving image (of the leader) has started the beginning of the end of BJP", party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters here.
He said that this was not being stated by Congress leaders alone but many in BJP too.
The spokesman was reacting to a question on the poll jingle brought out by BJP showing Modi as a strong and decisive leader who will not allow the country`s interests to be compromised at any cost.
Singhvi also rejected the BJP charge that the government is not allowing Modi to address rallies, saying that it has given full freedom to everyone to go to every nook and corner and continue with his "false propaganda".
Turning to the 2002 Gujarat riots, he said, "Let him (Modi) make a statement reflecting even a skeleton of an apology, forget an apology."
He sought to take the wind out of BJP`s good governance and development plank by trotting out figures showing NDA in poor light.
"These are the supreme ironies from which the BJP and Narendra Modi are running away. People can lie and distort, but facts cannot be ignored. Rhetorics, polemics, slogans, supposed oratory skills or as we are now told lack of oratory skills will not make up for facts.
"Competition for good governance can be only between UPA-I and UPA-II and not between UPA and NDA. You cannot substitute facts by hurling abuses in rallies and making taunts", he said, adding that while Congress has walked the talk, BJP is trying to fool the people with slogans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015