Narendra Modi`s rally in Bongaigaon most unsuccessful: AGP
Barpeta: AGP MLA and Lok Sabha candidate from Barpeta constituency Phani Bhusan Choudhury on Saturday claimed that the rally of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Bongaigaon district was a "flop show".
"The election campaign of Narendra Modi in Bongaigaon district today became a flop show. It is the most unsuccessful rally of Modi so far," Choudhury said during a roadshow here.
Modi today addressed an election rally at Kakoijan in Bongaigaon district for BJP candidate Chandra Mohan Patowary in Barpeta constituency.
Choudhury`s once colleague and former AGP President Patowary had joined BJP before the Lok Sabha polls.
"AGP will win the seat with a huge margin. Modi`s rally did not create any enthusiasm among the voters. It was a failed attempt to campaign for Patowary," Choudhury claimed.
In 2009, BJP fought Lok Sabha elections in Assam in partnership with AGP and the association continued during the Assam Assembly elections in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video