Narendra Modi`s security enhanced with special protocols
New Delhi: Security agencies tasked to secure BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi have deployed a "special security" protocol around him.
Official sources said as part of the special measures undertaken for securing the Gujarat Chief Minister during the over two-month long political campaign, the number of NSG `black cat` commandos have been increased and the Advanced Security Liaison (ASL) teams have been provided with experts from bomb disposal and intelligence for the first time.
The ASL, which comprises officials of the National Security Guard (NSG) and Gujarat police, had been asked to scan and prepare advance dossiers and assessment reports of the venues and possible spots where Modi was supposed to visit.
Officials said the number of NSG commandos securing Modi had also been increased to over 100 with an intention to quickly and continuously replace the "tired" squad with a fresh one during the hectic campaign spree of the BJP leader.
"The intention was to keep the proximate security squad of the VVIP fresh so that their reflexes are second to none," officials said.
A fully-armed backup contingent of the NSG commandos was always on standby at a location in Gujarat which could immediately air dash to a location as a reinforcement or replacement squad for Modi, officials said.
Modi is a `Z+` category protectee of the NSG and this is the highest level of security provided to VVIPs in the country a notch just closer to the SPG security which is provided to the Prime Minister and his immediate family.
Modi held 5,827 public meetings during the marathon campaigning which ended yesterday for the nine-phase Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey