Narendra Modi`s security enhanced with special protocols
New Delhi: Security agencies tasked to secure BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi have deployed a "special security" protocol around him.
Official sources said as part of the special measures undertaken for securing the Gujarat Chief Minister during the over two-month long political campaign, the number of NSG `black cat` commandos have been increased and the Advanced Security Liaison (ASL) teams have been provided with experts from bomb disposal and intelligence for the first time.
The ASL, which comprises officials of the National Security Guard (NSG) and Gujarat police, had been asked to scan and prepare advance dossiers and assessment reports of the venues and possible spots where Modi was supposed to visit.
Officials said the number of NSG commandos securing Modi had also been increased to over 100 with an intention to quickly and continuously replace the "tired" squad with a fresh one during the hectic campaign spree of the BJP leader.
"The intention was to keep the proximate security squad of the VVIP fresh so that their reflexes are second to none," officials said.
A fully-armed backup contingent of the NSG commandos was always on standby at a location in Gujarat which could immediately air dash to a location as a reinforcement or replacement squad for Modi, officials said.
Modi is a `Z+` category protectee of the NSG and this is the highest level of security provided to VVIPs in the country a notch just closer to the SPG security which is provided to the Prime Minister and his immediate family.
Modi held 5,827 public meetings during the marathon campaigning which ended yesterday for the nine-phase Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars