Naveen asks people not to believe in BJP and Congress
Phulbani: BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik today asked the people of Odisha not to believe in the `tall talks` of Congress and BJP as they were only interested in votes while reminding that earlier the two parties had been rejected.
"They (BJP and Congress) have a habit of tall talks and making false promises just to get votes during elections," Patnaik, the Chief Minister, told an election meeting here.
Stating that the people had rejected both the parties in successive elections, Patnaik said "People rejected them as unwanted."
The BJD, on the other hand, was committed to the development of the state by formulating and launching several programmes for the people from all sections.
Referring to his father, he said that the people on their own had come forward to support the BJD unconditionally because they loved `Biju Babu`.
Referring to the development in Kandhamal, Patnaik said the district had tremendous potentials for tourism.
"It will be explored soon," Patnaik said. Stating that the BJD government had launched a series of development and welfare programmes for the people, he said more would be launched if voted to power.
Patnaik`s meetings in Boudh and Kandhmal districts, however, witnessed a low turn out mostly because of the scorching heat and for `Danda Yatra`, a local festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning