Navjot Sidhu not to campaign for Arun Jaitley in Amritsar
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Amritsar: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu will not campaign for party leader Arun Jaitley who is contesting the Lok Sabha polls from Amritsar.
Sidhu`s wife said that Sidhu has decided not to campaign for Jaitley ahead of the elections because of the Shiromani Akali Dal leaders who had created problems for him.
She added that he is not going to campaign till the problems created by the SAD for him are resolved.
Earlier, Jaitley had said that Sidhu will campaign for him in Amritsar and that his wife Navjot Kaur has also joined the campaign trail.
Sidhu, who is a sitting MP from Amritsar seat, was denied a ticket this time due to his strained relations with the Akalis. The SAD had urged BJP to field Jaitley from the Amritsar seat instead and cut Sidhu`s ticket.
The Congress believes that the outsider tag on Jaitley will find the going tough from this seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate