Navjot Sidhu not to campaign for Arun Jaitley in Amritsar
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Amritsar: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu will not campaign for party leader Arun Jaitley who is contesting the Lok Sabha polls from Amritsar.
Sidhu`s wife said that Sidhu has decided not to campaign for Jaitley ahead of the elections because of the Shiromani Akali Dal leaders who had created problems for him.
She added that he is not going to campaign till the problems created by the SAD for him are resolved.
Earlier, Jaitley had said that Sidhu will campaign for him in Amritsar and that his wife Navjot Kaur has also joined the campaign trail.
Sidhu, who is a sitting MP from Amritsar seat, was denied a ticket this time due to his strained relations with the Akalis. The SAD had urged BJP to field Jaitley from the Amritsar seat instead and cut Sidhu`s ticket.
The Congress believes that the outsider tag on Jaitley will find the going tough from this seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal