Naxals trigger landmine blast in Jharkhand`s Dumka, eight killed
Zee Media Bureau
Dumka: At least eight people were killed, and seven others were injured, when a vehicle carrying poll personnel was blown up by suspected Maoists near Asna village in Dumka district on Thursday.
Superintendent of Police Nirmal Kumar Mishra said at least five persons were injured in the incident and more details were awaited.
The attack took place near Asna village under Shikaripara police station.
Polling for the Dumka Lok Sabha seat was held today along with Raj Mahal, Godda and Dhanbad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'