NC-Congress govt`s collapse imminent: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Saturday alleged the National Conference-Congress government in Jammu and Kashmir lacks vision, direction and sense of purpose and its collapse is imminent.
"The collapse of this government is imminent as is obvious from the wave of anger sweeping across the state against it," PDP patriarch and former Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
"This government has from day one faltered at every step and provided ample evidence that it has neither vision nor direction nor any sense of purpose," he told a public meeting at Chadoora in Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency.
"Omar Abdullah`s government is doomed from day one as the coalition was cobbled only to grab power without any agenda for governance," Mufti said.
"Omar Abdullah`s only ambition was to become the Chief Minister for six years which he had later even projected as his only achievement and in the process subsumed the NC into the Congress," Mufti said.
The NC as a regional party should have insisted on having a Common Minimum Programme with the Congress before entering into an alliance as the PDP had done in 2002 which brought relief and change in the state, he said.
"But, instead of doing so they made the alliance only a matter of power and immunity against the misconduct of the leaders of coalition.”
"That is why no action was taken in any of the scandals that surfaced during the last five-and-a-half-year which touched even the Chief Minister not to speak of most of his ministers," the PDP patron said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves