NC-Congress govt`s collapse imminent: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Saturday alleged the National Conference-Congress government in Jammu and Kashmir lacks vision, direction and sense of purpose and its collapse is imminent.
"The collapse of this government is imminent as is obvious from the wave of anger sweeping across the state against it," PDP patriarch and former Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
"This government has from day one faltered at every step and provided ample evidence that it has neither vision nor direction nor any sense of purpose," he told a public meeting at Chadoora in Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency.
"Omar Abdullah`s government is doomed from day one as the coalition was cobbled only to grab power without any agenda for governance," Mufti said.
"Omar Abdullah`s only ambition was to become the Chief Minister for six years which he had later even projected as his only achievement and in the process subsumed the NC into the Congress," Mufti said.
The NC as a regional party should have insisted on having a Common Minimum Programme with the Congress before entering into an alliance as the PDP had done in 2002 which brought relief and change in the state, he said.
"But, instead of doing so they made the alliance only a matter of power and immunity against the misconduct of the leaders of coalition.”
"That is why no action was taken in any of the scandals that surfaced during the last five-and-a-half-year which touched even the Chief Minister not to speak of most of his ministers," the PDP patron said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich