NC, PDP condemn killing of poll official in Shopian
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference and opposition PDP have condemned the killing of a polling official in a militant attack in Shopian district soon after voting for Anantnag Lok Sabha seat in Kashmir ended on Thursday.
"National Conference condemns the killing of a polling officer in an incident of armed violence in Shopian which also resulted in three CRPF personnel receiving serious injuries," a spokesman of the ruling party said in a statement.
He said National Conference extends sympathy to the family of the bereaved officer, who lost his life during the conduct of his official duty and also to the injured persons.
Condemning the killing of polling officer, PDP said violence has no place in a civilised society.
"By splashing blood of innocents on the ground, we won`t be able to achieve anything," a PDP spokesman said.
Expressing solidarity with the bereaved family, the spokesman said violence in any form is not acceptable and would not solve any problems.
He also prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured in the incident.
A polling officer was killed while five others including three policemen were injured when militants opened fire on a polling party at Nagbal in Shopian late last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months