NCP seeks repoll at a Thane booth
Thane: NCP has demanded repoll at a booth in Majiwada locality in the city alleging that only five persons could cast their votes there on April 24 when polling was held in Thane constituency.
"As against the total number of voters at 1300, only five voters were allowed to exercise their right to franchise at the booth as names of others were found missing from voters` list," said
Ashok Pohekar, the polling agent for NCP nominee and sitting MP Sanjeev Naik.
He said the deletion of names was the result of merging of two polling booths--338 (A) and 341 (A) --into one and shifting the newly-formed booth to Gramin Sikhshan Sansta at Majiwada.
The polling had been held at these two polling booths, situated at Chandresh Lodha school before their merger, during last two elections, Pohekar said in a memorandum today.
"I had brought the change of location of booths to the notice of poll officials but they refused to consider," he said, adding, "this is deliberate and needs a thorough probe and by that happens, a repoll must be ordered at the booth".
Pohekar said he had forwarded his request to hold the repoll at the booth to the chief election commissioner and state election officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened