NCP to support Congress candidates in Meghalaya
Shillong: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has decided to support Congress candidates in both the Lok Sabha seats in Meghalaya, party sources said here on Monday.
"NCP President Sharad Pawar has decided not to field any candidate in the parliamentary elections. He also suggested we support the Congress candidates in Meghalaya," NCP Secretary S R Kohli said in a letter to state party chief Sanbor Shullai on Saturday.
State Congress Vice-president Oris Lyngdoh welcomed the NCP`s support to its candidates and expressed its gratefulness to Pawar for helping the party.
While Congress candidate Daryl Momin is contesting from Tura parliamentary constituency, the party`s sitting MP Vincent H Pala is fighting from Shillong seat.
NCP is represented by two MLAs in the state Assembly with its state president Sanbor Shullai holding the post of Deputy Speaker for the second term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans