NCP to support Congress candidates in Meghalaya
Shillong: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has decided to support Congress candidates in both the Lok Sabha seats in Meghalaya, party sources said here on Monday.
"NCP President Sharad Pawar has decided not to field any candidate in the parliamentary elections. He also suggested we support the Congress candidates in Meghalaya," NCP Secretary S R Kohli said in a letter to state party chief Sanbor Shullai on Saturday.
State Congress Vice-president Oris Lyngdoh welcomed the NCP`s support to its candidates and expressed its gratefulness to Pawar for helping the party.
While Congress candidate Daryl Momin is contesting from Tura parliamentary constituency, the party`s sitting MP Vincent H Pala is fighting from Shillong seat.
NCP is represented by two MLAs in the state Assembly with its state president Sanbor Shullai holding the post of Deputy Speaker for the second term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city