NCP to support Congress candidates in Meghalaya
Shillong: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has decided to support Congress candidates in both the Lok Sabha seats in Meghalaya, party sources said here on Monday.
"NCP President Sharad Pawar has decided not to field any candidate in the parliamentary elections. He also suggested we support the Congress candidates in Meghalaya," NCP Secretary S R Kohli said in a letter to state party chief Sanbor Shullai on Saturday.
State Congress Vice-president Oris Lyngdoh welcomed the NCP`s support to its candidates and expressed its gratefulness to Pawar for helping the party.
While Congress candidate Daryl Momin is contesting from Tura parliamentary constituency, the party`s sitting MP Vincent H Pala is fighting from Shillong seat.
NCP is represented by two MLAs in the state Assembly with its state president Sanbor Shullai holding the post of Deputy Speaker for the second term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah