NCP to support Congress candidates in Meghalaya
Shillong: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has decided to support Congress candidates in both the Lok Sabha seats in Meghalaya, party sources said here on Monday.
"NCP President Sharad Pawar has decided not to field any candidate in the parliamentary elections. He also suggested we support the Congress candidates in Meghalaya," NCP Secretary S R Kohli said in a letter to state party chief Sanbor Shullai on Saturday.
State Congress Vice-president Oris Lyngdoh welcomed the NCP`s support to its candidates and expressed its gratefulness to Pawar for helping the party.
While Congress candidate Daryl Momin is contesting from Tura parliamentary constituency, the party`s sitting MP Vincent H Pala is fighting from Shillong seat.
NCP is represented by two MLAs in the state Assembly with its state president Sanbor Shullai holding the post of Deputy Speaker for the second term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH