NCP to support Congress candidates in Meghalaya
Shillong: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has decided to support Congress candidates in both the Lok Sabha seats in Meghalaya, party sources said here on Monday.
"NCP President Sharad Pawar has decided not to field any candidate in the parliamentary elections. He also suggested we support the Congress candidates in Meghalaya," NCP Secretary S R Kohli said in a letter to state party chief Sanbor Shullai on Saturday.
State Congress Vice-president Oris Lyngdoh welcomed the NCP`s support to its candidates and expressed its gratefulness to Pawar for helping the party.
While Congress candidate Daryl Momin is contesting from Tura parliamentary constituency, the party`s sitting MP Vincent H Pala is fighting from Shillong seat.
NCP is represented by two MLAs in the state Assembly with its state president Sanbor Shullai holding the post of Deputy Speaker for the second term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Subramanian Swamy makes explosive claims, says Kejriwal didn't get rank in IIT, Sonia wanted Emergency in 2012
- I'm going nowhere, says UK opposition leader Corbyn
- Shocking! 13-year-old girl raped, set ablaze in Rajasthan
- Pro-EU Londoners rebel with `Lexit` secession call
- Maiden flight of Su-30 MKI with BrahMos missile successful