NDA to introduce crop insurance to secure farmers: Sukhbir
Bathinda: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and SAD President Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday said the NDA government would introduce comprehensive crop insurance to secure farmers against unforeseen losses.
Canvassing for his wife and sitting MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal in this Lok Sabha constituency, he said the NDA would also provide agricultural loans at cheaper rates of interest.
There was multifold increase in the cost of production because of anti-farmer policies of Congress-led UPA government, he said.
Badal assured that the NDA would reverse this phenomenon besides ensuring that farmers should receive MSP as per the Swaminthan Formula, which includes assured markets at MSP 50 per cent above cost of production for farmers produce.
Appealing the youth to vote for SAD-BJP for "better future" of Punjab, he said that Modi-Badal-Jaitly relationship would ensure an economic package for Punjab with cent per cent waiver of Central excise and Income Tax to bring an industrial revolution in the state.
He promised that once voted to power at centre NDA would ensure development of Manufacturing, Textiles, IT and tourism sector in the state to create abundant employment opportunities for the youth.
Harsimrat is locked in a direct fight against Sukhbir`s estranged cousin Manpreet Singh Badal, contesting on Congress ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in