NDA to introduce crop insurance to secure farmers: Sukhbir
Bathinda: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and SAD President Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday said the NDA government would introduce comprehensive crop insurance to secure farmers against unforeseen losses.
Canvassing for his wife and sitting MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal in this Lok Sabha constituency, he said the NDA would also provide agricultural loans at cheaper rates of interest.
There was multifold increase in the cost of production because of anti-farmer policies of Congress-led UPA government, he said.
Badal assured that the NDA would reverse this phenomenon besides ensuring that farmers should receive MSP as per the Swaminthan Formula, which includes assured markets at MSP 50 per cent above cost of production for farmers produce.
Appealing the youth to vote for SAD-BJP for "better future" of Punjab, he said that Modi-Badal-Jaitly relationship would ensure an economic package for Punjab with cent per cent waiver of Central excise and Income Tax to bring an industrial revolution in the state.
He promised that once voted to power at centre NDA would ensure development of Manufacturing, Textiles, IT and tourism sector in the state to create abundant employment opportunities for the youth.
Harsimrat is locked in a direct fight against Sukhbir`s estranged cousin Manpreet Singh Badal, contesting on Congress ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi