NDA will get absolute majority: Venkaiah Naidu
Bhubaneswar: The BJP and its allies will get about 300 seats in the LOk Sabha polls and form the government at the centre with absolute majority, senior party leader Venkaiah Naidu said here Monday.
"People are realising there is no alternative to the Bharatiya Janata Party. There is polarisation in favour of the National Democratic Alliance across the country. Looking at the mood of the people, the BJP may get about 250 seats," he told reporters here.
"I am confident the BJP and its allies have a chance of getting about 300 seats," he added.
Terming as a "mirage" the efforts by some regional parties to form a third non-BJP, non-Congress alliance, Naidu said it will never materialise as there are more claimants for only a single post of the prime minister.
Hitting out at the Odisha government led by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Naidu said the Biju Janata Dal leader has been in power for the last 14 years but has failed to provide basic facilities to the people.
"Fourteen years is not a short term," he said.
"He (Patnaik) failed to provide basic facilities like water, electricity, irrigation, education, employment to the people. He has limited capacity, this is what I have realised," Naidu said.
"During the NDA government, we gave three lakh houses... the state government failed to utilise it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway