`NDA win due to public interest in seeing Modi led govt`
Dharmapuri (TN): Fresh from his win in this Lok Sabha seat, former Union Minister Anbumani Ramadoss of PMK today attributed the `Himalayan` win of the BJP led NDA combine to the interest people had in seeing a Modi led government coming to power.
"The BJP led NDA has registered a Himalayan victory nationwide in the Lok Sabha polls, which showed the interest the public had in seeing a Narendra Modi led government coming to power," he told reporters here.
Modi`s efficient administration would pave the way for the betterment of India soon, Ramadoss, whose party is part of the BJP led six party alliance in Tamil Nadu, said.
Stating that his focus would now be on overall development of Tamil Nadu as also welfare of Tamils living in neighbouring countries, he said he would join hands with his coalition partner Pon. Radhakrishnan of BJP to ensure this was possible.
The PMK leader, who defeated P S Mohan of AIADMK, also took a dig at that party, saying it would face the same fate as its arch rival DMK did this time when it drew a blank, in the 2016 assembly polls. He did not elaborate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery