`NDA win due to public interest in seeing Modi led govt`
Dharmapuri (TN): Fresh from his win in this Lok Sabha seat, former Union Minister Anbumani Ramadoss of PMK today attributed the `Himalayan` win of the BJP led NDA combine to the interest people had in seeing a Modi led government coming to power.
"The BJP led NDA has registered a Himalayan victory nationwide in the Lok Sabha polls, which showed the interest the public had in seeing a Narendra Modi led government coming to power," he told reporters here.
Modi`s efficient administration would pave the way for the betterment of India soon, Ramadoss, whose party is part of the BJP led six party alliance in Tamil Nadu, said.
Stating that his focus would now be on overall development of Tamil Nadu as also welfare of Tamils living in neighbouring countries, he said he would join hands with his coalition partner Pon. Radhakrishnan of BJP to ensure this was possible.
The PMK leader, who defeated P S Mohan of AIADMK, also took a dig at that party, saying it would face the same fate as its arch rival DMK did this time when it drew a blank, in the 2016 assembly polls. He did not elaborate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam