NDA`s priority to ensure punishment to 1984 riots culprits: Sukhbir Singh Badal
Bathinda: SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday said that ensuring exemplary punishment to all the culprits of 1984 Sikh massacre has been put on the priority list of National Democratic Alliance.
The Punjab Deputy Chief Minister said that NDA would setup special fast track courts to put all the culprits and accused responsible for this most heinous crime behind the bars.
After addressing a rally organised by the Recognised and Affiliated School Association here, he told reporters that SAD`s Bathinda candidate Harsimrat Kaur Badal would register a victory with a margin more than 2 lakh votes.
Meanwhile at Gurdaspur, speaking to voters during his road show, BJP`s candidate Vinod Khanna promised that Modi government will leave no stone unturned to provide justice to the victims of 1984 riots.
"Congress party politically rationalised the riots that killed about 15,000 people and did not punish the guilty," he said.
"Modi`s government will punish the guilty and provide justice to the innocent Sikhs who went through the worst and heinous act of crime against their community," he added.
Referring to the recent `Cobrapost sting` on the 1984 riots, he said "the sting only reconfirms the truth about how Delhi cops colluded with the government and refused to act against the rioters."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu