Need to improve connectivity, tourism infrastructure in Amritsar: Jaitley
Amritsar: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday highlighted the need for improving connectivity and tourism infrastructure in Amritsar.
"There is a need to upgrade the railway station, complete the road and highway development programme, and have more directly connected international flights," the party candidate from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat wrote in his blog.
The monuments in and around the city also need to be preserved, he said.
"Upgrading tourism infrastructure and creation of other attractions such as amusement parks can ensure that a tourist visiting the Golden Temple stays in Amritsar for two nights instead of one," he said.
He said that additional tourism measures such as a visit to Khalsa College, creation of a food street, reasonable taxation on hotels, increasing the number of hotels and rooms available will help the city in a big way.
"The tourism traffic to the city itself will be doubled. This will help the hoteliers, traders, transport providers, restaurants, dhabas and all tourism attraction points. Amritsar needs to think out of the box," the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders