Need to improve connectivity, tourism infrastructure in Amritsar: Jaitley
Amritsar: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday highlighted the need for improving connectivity and tourism infrastructure in Amritsar.
"There is a need to upgrade the railway station, complete the road and highway development programme, and have more directly connected international flights," the party candidate from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat wrote in his blog.
The monuments in and around the city also need to be preserved, he said.
"Upgrading tourism infrastructure and creation of other attractions such as amusement parks can ensure that a tourist visiting the Golden Temple stays in Amritsar for two nights instead of one," he said.
He said that additional tourism measures such as a visit to Khalsa College, creation of a food street, reasonable taxation on hotels, increasing the number of hotels and rooms available will help the city in a big way.
"The tourism traffic to the city itself will be doubled. This will help the hoteliers, traders, transport providers, restaurants, dhabas and all tourism attraction points. Amritsar needs to think out of the box," the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley