Nigerian national and two others held with six kg ganja
Gaya: A Nigerian national and two others were arrested from Paibigha bazar area in Bihar`s Gaya district after they were found to be carrying contraband substance with them, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip off, a police team arrested the Nigerian national N O V Dnero Belandite and his two associates Niraj Kumar and Rupesh Kumar, natives of Patna and Vaishali districts respectively from Paibigha bazar and seized six kg ganja from their possession, the Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ashok Kumar Singh said.
The accused persons have confessed to their crime and said that they had purchased the contraband substance from one Shree Sharma, a native of Gurumath village of Gaya district, the ASP said.
The police later raided Sharma`s residence and seized two kg ganja, Singh said.
The accused trio, including the Nigerian national have been booked under relevant provisions of the IPC and NDPS Act, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli's special gift for Anushka Sharma on her 28th birthday!
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016