Nigerian national and two others held with six kg ganja
Gaya: A Nigerian national and two others were arrested from Paibigha bazar area in Bihar`s Gaya district after they were found to be carrying contraband substance with them, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip off, a police team arrested the Nigerian national N O V Dnero Belandite and his two associates Niraj Kumar and Rupesh Kumar, natives of Patna and Vaishali districts respectively from Paibigha bazar and seized six kg ganja from their possession, the Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ashok Kumar Singh said.
The accused persons have confessed to their crime and said that they had purchased the contraband substance from one Shree Sharma, a native of Gurumath village of Gaya district, the ASP said.
The police later raided Sharma`s residence and seized two kg ganja, Singh said.
The accused trio, including the Nigerian national have been booked under relevant provisions of the IPC and NDPS Act, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional