Nigerian national and two others held with six kg ganja
Gaya: A Nigerian national and two others were arrested from Paibigha bazar area in Bihar`s Gaya district after they were found to be carrying contraband substance with them, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip off, a police team arrested the Nigerian national N O V Dnero Belandite and his two associates Niraj Kumar and Rupesh Kumar, natives of Patna and Vaishali districts respectively from Paibigha bazar and seized six kg ganja from their possession, the Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ashok Kumar Singh said.
The accused persons have confessed to their crime and said that they had purchased the contraband substance from one Shree Sharma, a native of Gurumath village of Gaya district, the ASP said.
The police later raided Sharma`s residence and seized two kg ganja, Singh said.
The accused trio, including the Nigerian national have been booked under relevant provisions of the IPC and NDPS Act, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan