Nishank asks voters to reject Congress
Roorkee: With just a week left for polling in Uttarakhand, BJP nominee from Haridwar Lok Sabha seat Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank today intensified his campaign asking people to reject Congress and vote for BJP saying it alone can provide a strong leadership to the country.
Accusing Congress of being soft on terror, Nishank said it had strengthened the morale of terror-mongers and made the country`s boundaries unsafe.
"The country needs a strong leader like Narendra Modi as Prime Minister because anti-India forces have become more audacious than ever before under Congress rule. Despite one terror strike after another in the country, the Congress government at the Centre remained soft towards the perpetrators. This has made our frontiers unsafe," he said.
The former chief minister was addressing an election meeting at Mohammedpur here.
"Narendra Modi does not only have the strength to teach a lesson to anti-India forces but also to crush terrorism," he said.
Nishank is pitted against Congress nominee and Chief Minister Harish Rawat`s wife Renuka in Haridwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city