Nitish can`t stall Narendra Modi from becoming PM: Sushil Modi
Patna: Buoyed by projections of a massive victory in Bihar in the Lok Sabha elections, BJP today said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will get very few seats and can`t stall Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister.
"Nitish Kumar can even join hands with `Shaitan` (Satan) to stall Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister...But he will get only a few seats in Bihar and will not be able to stall the BJP leader from becoming PM," former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi told PTI.
He also ruled out any chance of a tie-up with Lalu Prasad`s RJD after the election results.
"Lalu Prasad se kabhi samjhauta nahi ho sakta hai (there can never have an agreement with Lalu Prasad)," the senior BJP leader said.
He said Nitish Kumar would try to "influence" leaders like AIADMK chief Jayalalitha to not go with Narendra Modi, but would not succeed.
Modi said the party would perform better than what was predicted in the exit polls for Bihar.
He said the exit polls were saying that BJP had contested against the RJD-Congress combine.
"The truth is you cannot win elections on the basis of MY (Muslim-Yadav) combine formula. Many sections of the society like backwards, extremely backward castes, forward castes and Dalits, had left Lalu Prasad and come to BJP," Modi said ruling out any rise in the number of seats for RJD and Congress in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui