Nitish can`t stall Narendra Modi from becoming PM: Sushil Modi
Patna: Buoyed by projections of a massive victory in Bihar in the Lok Sabha elections, BJP today said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will get very few seats and can`t stall Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister.
"Nitish Kumar can even join hands with `Shaitan` (Satan) to stall Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister...But he will get only a few seats in Bihar and will not be able to stall the BJP leader from becoming PM," former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi told PTI.
He also ruled out any chance of a tie-up with Lalu Prasad`s RJD after the election results.
"Lalu Prasad se kabhi samjhauta nahi ho sakta hai (there can never have an agreement with Lalu Prasad)," the senior BJP leader said.
He said Nitish Kumar would try to "influence" leaders like AIADMK chief Jayalalitha to not go with Narendra Modi, but would not succeed.
Modi said the party would perform better than what was predicted in the exit polls for Bihar.
He said the exit polls were saying that BJP had contested against the RJD-Congress combine.
"The truth is you cannot win elections on the basis of MY (Muslim-Yadav) combine formula. Many sections of the society like backwards, extremely backward castes, forward castes and Dalits, had left Lalu Prasad and come to BJP," Modi said ruling out any rise in the number of seats for RJD and Congress in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!