Nitish slams Modi for seeing terrorism through `communal` eyes
Gaya: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday slammed his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi for allegedly seeing terrorism through `communal` eyes.
"Only a person like him (Modi) can say what he has said about the terror attack at Bodh Gaya last year as he has a habit of seeing such incidents through communal eyes," Kumar said at an election meeting in favour of JD(U) nominee Jitan Ram Manjhi, contesting on Gaya (SC) Lok Sabha seat.
"For the Gujarat chief minister, all terror incidents are handiworks of the minority community who, he dislikes like an eyeshore," he said without taking Modi`s name in retaliation to Modi`s barb at him yesterday for failing to prevent serial blasts at Bodh Gaya due to `vote bank` politics.
"Not only the Muslims, but he cannot stand an adversary like me... But I will continue to pinch him as I am an upright man who prides being a Bihari and an Indian," the senior JD(U) leader said.
He slammed the BJP prime ministerial hopeful for his views and questioned how a person (Modi), who unabashedly professes communal politics, could become the prime minister of a country.
Kumar said that a leader must do positive things for his community to claim being its leader but Modi has not done anything for the betterment of the Extremely Backward Caste people in his state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest