No AAP wave in Punjab: Sukhbir
Moga: Claiming that a wave in favour of Narendra Modi is sweeping the country, SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal Tuesday said new entrant Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) had no existence in Punjab.
"The AAP is nowhere in Punjab. There is no wave in favour of it," he said.
On the other hand, a wave in favour BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Modi is sweeping the country, the Punjab Deputy Chief Minister said.
The AAP is contesting all the 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab making the fight multi-cornered in all constituencies.
Exuding confidence about the SAD-BJP combine winning all the 13 seats in Punjab, Sukhbir said the election in the state was being fought on the issue of development.
"A government headed by Modi at the Centre will further accelerate the pace of development in Punjab," he said alleging the Congress had discriminated against the state in the past ten years.
"Modi stands for development," he said seeking votes for the SAD-BJP nominees.
He accused the Punjab Congress of creating roadblocks in the path of development in the state.
"Punjab is set to move into the next trajectory of development thanks to the leadership of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Narendra Modi," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing