No bigger `aam aadmi` than Narendra Modi: Rajnath Singh
Varanasi: As poll campaign drew to a close in this keenly-watched constituency, BJP President Rajnath Singh today took a dig at Aaam Aadmi Party (AAP), saying there was no bigger `aam aadmi` (common man) than Narendra Modi who used to sell tea made by his father.
Addressing BJP`s last press conference for the polls set to take place on May 12, Singh hit out at all other parties, namely Congress, SP and BSP, but did not even name AAP whose national convenor Arvind Kejriwal is also fighting against Modi here.
When pointed out that why he does not consider AAP worth mentioning, Singh asked, "Which party?" and feigned ignorance about any such party.
He said further, "We all are aam aadmi. I am also an aam aadmi and there can not be a bigger aam aadmi than Narendra Modi whose father used to make tea and he used to sell the tea on railway platforms."
The BJP President, who was born here, exuded confidence that Modi will win with a huge margin from Varanasi and all other candidates will lose their deposits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened