No bigger `aam aadmi` than Narendra Modi: Rajnath Singh
Varanasi: As poll campaign drew to a close in this keenly-watched constituency, BJP President Rajnath Singh today took a dig at Aaam Aadmi Party (AAP), saying there was no bigger `aam aadmi` (common man) than Narendra Modi who used to sell tea made by his father.
Addressing BJP`s last press conference for the polls set to take place on May 12, Singh hit out at all other parties, namely Congress, SP and BSP, but did not even name AAP whose national convenor Arvind Kejriwal is also fighting against Modi here.
When pointed out that why he does not consider AAP worth mentioning, Singh asked, "Which party?" and feigned ignorance about any such party.
He said further, "We all are aam aadmi. I am also an aam aadmi and there can not be a bigger aam aadmi than Narendra Modi whose father used to make tea and he used to sell the tea on railway platforms."
The BJP President, who was born here, exuded confidence that Modi will win with a huge margin from Varanasi and all other candidates will lose their deposits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- LeJ terrorists involved in Lanka cricket team attack killed
- Five held for 'slaughtering' three cows in Maharashtra
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat