No bigger `aam aadmi` than Narendra Modi: Rajnath Singh
Varanasi: As poll campaign drew to a close in this keenly-watched constituency, BJP President Rajnath Singh today took a dig at Aaam Aadmi Party (AAP), saying there was no bigger `aam aadmi` (common man) than Narendra Modi who used to sell tea made by his father.
Addressing BJP`s last press conference for the polls set to take place on May 12, Singh hit out at all other parties, namely Congress, SP and BSP, but did not even name AAP whose national convenor Arvind Kejriwal is also fighting against Modi here.
When pointed out that why he does not consider AAP worth mentioning, Singh asked, "Which party?" and feigned ignorance about any such party.
He said further, "We all are aam aadmi. I am also an aam aadmi and there can not be a bigger aam aadmi than Narendra Modi whose father used to make tea and he used to sell the tea on railway platforms."
The BJP President, who was born here, exuded confidence that Modi will win with a huge margin from Varanasi and all other candidates will lose their deposits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test