No bigger `aam aadmi` than Narendra Modi: Rajnath Singh
Varanasi: As poll campaign drew to a close in this keenly-watched constituency, BJP President Rajnath Singh today took a dig at Aaam Aadmi Party (AAP), saying there was no bigger `aam aadmi` (common man) than Narendra Modi who used to sell tea made by his father.
Addressing BJP`s last press conference for the polls set to take place on May 12, Singh hit out at all other parties, namely Congress, SP and BSP, but did not even name AAP whose national convenor Arvind Kejriwal is also fighting against Modi here.
When pointed out that why he does not consider AAP worth mentioning, Singh asked, "Which party?" and feigned ignorance about any such party.
He said further, "We all are aam aadmi. I am also an aam aadmi and there can not be a bigger aam aadmi than Narendra Modi whose father used to make tea and he used to sell the tea on railway platforms."
The BJP President, who was born here, exuded confidence that Modi will win with a huge margin from Varanasi and all other candidates will lose their deposits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read