No Modi or BJP wave in Kerala, claims Chandy
Bangalore: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Monday said BJP is involved in a person-centric election campaign and there was neither a "Modi wave" nor "BJP wave" in the run-up to the Lok Saba elections here.
"...BJP is campaigning with only one slogan, they are campaigning not for BJP but for Modi," Chandy, here to campaign for Congress candidates with an eye on Malayalee voters, told reporters here.
He said, "They are involved in Modi centred, person centred election campaign."
Stating that there is nothing called Modi wave, he said "the leaders of BJP are also saying that. Yesterday, BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi said there is no Modi wave, but he said that there is a BJP wave."
"BJP wave is also not a correct thing, there is neither Modi wave nor BJP wave," the Chief Minister said.
Chandy said Congress is quite confident about the outcome of this election, both in the state as well as at the national level, as it is the only party that can take forward people belonging to all sections of society together.
Sounding confident about the performance of Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF) in Kerala, he said "....I`m confident; we at the Congress party are expecting results more than the last elections...."
Congress, which was the biggest gainer in 2009 lifting 13 of 17 seats contested, has candidates in 15 seats this time, leaving two seats to key ally IUML and one each to Kerala Congress, Socialist Janata Democratic (SJD) and RSP.
To a question about BJP`s claim that it would open its account in Kerala this time, Chandy said "they will have to wait for so many years for that to happen."
Kerala with 20 Lok Sabha seats went to polls on April 10.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state