No Modi wave, Cong to win all 4 LS seats in Himachal: Virbhadra
Mandi: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday dismissed any Modi wave in the state, claiming Congress will win all the four parliamentary seats and not less than 150 parliamentary seats in the country.
"I have travelled across the state and do not see any Modi wave. It is a people`s wave here and no Modi wave. We are fighting the election on the development plank and people have reposed confidence in our administration. Whatever Himachal is today, it is because of Congress," Singh said.
The Mandi seat is considered a traditional Congress base, where the Chief Minister`s wife Pratibha Singh is contesting to regain her seat.
Three of the four Lok Sabha seats in HP are currently with BJP.
Two sitting BJP MPs Virender Kashyap and Anurag Thakur are fighting from Shimla and Hamirpur seats respectively.
The Chief Minister said the perceived wave in favour of Modi has been created by the media and BJP is spending thousands of crores of rupees in its promotional campaign.
Accusing BJP of doing "divisive" politics and indulging in large-scale corruption its tenure in the state, he told PTI that the Prem Kumar Dhumal government had even lodged "false" cases against him but the court has "exonerated me" of all the charges.
"It is my firm belief we will snatch all the four seats from BJP this time", he said and raised the issue of alleged involvement of Dhumal in the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) in a land encroachment case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'