No Modi wave, Cong to win all 4 LS seats in Himachal: Virbhadra
Mandi: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday dismissed any Modi wave in the state, claiming Congress will win all the four parliamentary seats and not less than 150 parliamentary seats in the country.
"I have travelled across the state and do not see any Modi wave. It is a people`s wave here and no Modi wave. We are fighting the election on the development plank and people have reposed confidence in our administration. Whatever Himachal is today, it is because of Congress," Singh said.
The Mandi seat is considered a traditional Congress base, where the Chief Minister`s wife Pratibha Singh is contesting to regain her seat.
Three of the four Lok Sabha seats in HP are currently with BJP.
Two sitting BJP MPs Virender Kashyap and Anurag Thakur are fighting from Shimla and Hamirpur seats respectively.
The Chief Minister said the perceived wave in favour of Modi has been created by the media and BJP is spending thousands of crores of rupees in its promotional campaign.
Accusing BJP of doing "divisive" politics and indulging in large-scale corruption its tenure in the state, he told PTI that the Prem Kumar Dhumal government had even lodged "false" cases against him but the court has "exonerated me" of all the charges.
"It is my firm belief we will snatch all the four seats from BJP this time", he said and raised the issue of alleged involvement of Dhumal in the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) in a land encroachment case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother