No `Modi wave` in country; UPA will retain power, says Shinde
Solapur: Claiming that there was no `Modi wave` in the country, Union Home Minister Sushil kumar Shinde today expressed confidence that the Congress-led UPA would once again form government at the Centre after the Lok Sabha polls.
"There is no Modi wave in the country. In the 2004 Lok Sabha elections, the BJP had launched `India Shining` campaign. But it was all false. Now, a few electronic channels are claiming that there is a Modi wave, which is totally wrong," Shinde told reporters here.
"If u want to know if there any Modi wave in the country, better ask BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi," Shinde quipped referring to Joshi`s reported remarks that there was no Modi wave, but only a BJP wave.
The Union Minister, who is seeking to retain his Solapur seat, took out a procession in the city this morning, following which he held a rally at the Congress Bhavan. Polling will be held in Solapur on April 17.
Shinde said he was confident that the Congress-led UPA would once again form the government at the Centre with the help of the alliance parties.
"In Maharashtra, the alliance between NCP and Congress is going well," the former Maharashtra Chief Minister said.
Expressing displeasure over the standard of the election campaigns, Shinde said, "Instead of discussing development issues, political leaders are targetting each other over personal issues."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents