No Modi wave, people`s wave for UPA sweeping Jharkhand: Soren
Dumka: JMM supremo Shibu Soren Tuesday asserted that "people`s wave is sweeping" Jharkhand in favour of the UPA alliance and not that of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"There is no Modi wave. It`s people`s wave that is sweeping in favour of the UPA alliance. With parties having the same ideology coming on one platform, the wave is in favour of the ruling alliance -- JMM-Congress-RJD and it will show when results will come out," Soren said here.
To a query, he said his party`s alliance with the Congress was stitched in the interest of the people and not on any loss or gain motto.
"Loss or gain is not counted in honest coalitions. Such coalitions are formed in the interest of the people, and my party has allied with the Congress and the RJD on this motto," Soren said.
Soren`s son, Hemant Soren is heading the JMM-led coalition ministry in Jharkhand with the support of Congress, RJD and others and would complete one year in office in July.
Soren, who is contesting from Dumka, said he was confident to win all the four seats his party was contesting with the support of the allies.
On the defection of senior party leaders Hemlal Murmu and Bidyut Baran Mahato to BJP just before the elections, Soren said he had never asked them to leave the party.
"They left on their own. Such things happened in the past too, but it had no effect on the party," he added.
Soren is contesting from Dumka LS seat. Former chief minister and Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) president Babulal Marandi and BJP`s Sunil Soren are also in the fray from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'