No party will get majority: Beni Prasad Verma
Barabanki: Union minister Beni Prasad Verma on Friday said no political party would get a majority in ongoing Lok Sabha elections and need of the hour was that all parties should unite to thwart Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister.
"No political party is going to get majority including the Congress which will, however, emerge as the single largest party.
"Under these circumstances all non-BJP parties should unite. This is need of the hour" to stop Modi from becoming the Prime Minister, the Congress leader said.
The politics of the country and the people were facing a "big liar" in the name of Modi and it would not be wrong to describe him as a "Natwarlal", the Steel minister said.
On the one hand, he is distorting statements of Priyanka Gandhi and on the other claiming himself to be a backward though his caste comes in the list of forward castes, the Congress leader said.
The Commission set up to probe the demolition of Babri mosque has named BJP leaders who conspired for the same, he said.
On the Gujarat model of development, Verma said the roads leading to Somnath temple were not in good condition.
The minister alleged the blackmarketing of liquor was rampant in Gujarat earning it around Rs 100 crore annually and this illegal liquor was being brought from Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14