No party will get majority: Beni Prasad Verma
Barabanki: Union minister Beni Prasad Verma on Friday said no political party would get a majority in ongoing Lok Sabha elections and need of the hour was that all parties should unite to thwart Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister.
"No political party is going to get majority including the Congress which will, however, emerge as the single largest party.
"Under these circumstances all non-BJP parties should unite. This is need of the hour" to stop Modi from becoming the Prime Minister, the Congress leader said.
The politics of the country and the people were facing a "big liar" in the name of Modi and it would not be wrong to describe him as a "Natwarlal", the Steel minister said.
On the one hand, he is distorting statements of Priyanka Gandhi and on the other claiming himself to be a backward though his caste comes in the list of forward castes, the Congress leader said.
The Commission set up to probe the demolition of Babri mosque has named BJP leaders who conspired for the same, he said.
On the Gujarat model of development, Verma said the roads leading to Somnath temple were not in good condition.
The minister alleged the blackmarketing of liquor was rampant in Gujarat earning it around Rs 100 crore annually and this illegal liquor was being brought from Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88