No victory rallies in Burdwan after counting: DM
Burdwan: A proposal by the Burdwan district administration that victory procession will not be taken out after counting for the Lok Sabha elections on May 16 has been agreed to by political parties.
A meeting was held with candidates where the suggestion was given to avoid post poll violence, District Magistrate and District Election Officer Saumitra Mohan told a news agency.
The proposal was accepted, he said.
Since passions ran high after the declaration of results, the ban was proposed, Mohan said.
Counting for the three Lok Sabha seats in the district - Burdwan Purba, Burdwan-Durgapur and Asansol will be held on May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof