No victory rallies in Burdwan after counting: DM
Burdwan: A proposal by the Burdwan district administration that victory procession will not be taken out after counting for the Lok Sabha elections on May 16 has been agreed to by political parties.
A meeting was held with candidates where the suggestion was given to avoid post poll violence, District Magistrate and District Election Officer Saumitra Mohan told a news agency.
The proposal was accepted, he said.
Since passions ran high after the declaration of results, the ban was proposed, Mohan said.
Counting for the three Lok Sabha seats in the district - Burdwan Purba, Burdwan-Durgapur and Asansol will be held on May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29