Nominations of 2 NDA candidates rejected in TN
Udhagamandalam/Chidambaram (TN): The nominations of two NDA candidates, including the one of BJP`s nominee against former Telecom Minister A Raja, for the Lok Sabha elections in Tamil Nadu were on Monday rejected during scrutiny.
The nomination paper of BJP candidate from Nilgiris Constituency (SC) S Gurumurthy was rejected by the returning officer P Shankar for delayed submission of mandatory B Form.
However, the Returning Officer asked the candidate to file an appeal for consideration, officials said.
The scrutiny of Aam Admi Party (AAP) candidate Rani in Nilgiris was kept in abeyance as she had produced a community certificate issued in 1986 and was given time till tomorrow to produce a fresh one.
In Chidambaram, nomination papers of the PMK candidate I Manirathnam, whose party is a part of the BJP-led NDA alliance in the state, was rejected as it lacked the mandatory ten proposers.
However, the nomination papers of Manirathnam`s wife Sudha, who is the dummy candidate of the party, was found in order.
Manirathnam shifted from Congress to PMK on the eve of the poll announcement as he was not given the Chidambaram (SC) seat.
The scrutiny of nominations in all the 39 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state, that would go to polls on April 24, is underway. The last date for withdrawal of nominations is April 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says