Not going to Varanasi, will campaign in Amethi, Rae Bareli: Priyanka Gandhi
Zee Media bureau
Lucknow: Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Friday rejected reports saying that she would campaign in Varanasi from where Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has filed his nomination for the ongoing General Elections.
Besides Modi, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal and Congress leader Ajay Rai are contesting from the holy city.
Addressing the media, Priyanka, who is busy campaigning for her brother Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi said that she is not visiting Varanasi and would focus only in Amethi and Raebareli districts.
Of late, Priyanka has raised the poll pitch by directly attacking Modi, who has also hit back by targeting her husband Robert Vadra for alleged dubious deals.
On a daily basis Priyanka has been campaigning for Rahul and the UPA chairperson in Amethi and Rae Bareli districts respectively.
While campaigning in Rae Bareli yesterday, Priyanka tore into the Gujarat model of development in which "thousands of acres" of land has been given to "friends" of Chief Minister Narendra Modi at "throwaway prices" and accused him of treating the country as a "classroom".
Making public her displeasure of Modi`s campaign, she told a gathering that people of the country were not schoolchildren and hence Modi should not hurl "RSVP" and "ABC" jibes at the Congress and her family members.
On Thursday, Modi took oath and filed his nomination for the mega electoral battle in Varanasi. Among those who proposed his nomination were Madan Mohan Malaviya`s grandson Giridhar Malaviya, Padma Vibhushan awardee Chhandu Lal Mishra, boatman Virbhadra Nishad and Ashok, from the dominant weaver community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees