Not going to Varanasi, will campaign in Amethi, Rae Bareli: Priyanka Gandhi
Zee Media bureau
Lucknow: Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Friday rejected reports saying that she would campaign in Varanasi from where Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has filed his nomination for the ongoing General Elections.
Besides Modi, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal and Congress leader Ajay Rai are contesting from the holy city.
Addressing the media, Priyanka, who is busy campaigning for her brother Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi said that she is not visiting Varanasi and would focus only in Amethi and Raebareli districts.
Of late, Priyanka has raised the poll pitch by directly attacking Modi, who has also hit back by targeting her husband Robert Vadra for alleged dubious deals.
On a daily basis Priyanka has been campaigning for Rahul and the UPA chairperson in Amethi and Rae Bareli districts respectively.
While campaigning in Rae Bareli yesterday, Priyanka tore into the Gujarat model of development in which "thousands of acres" of land has been given to "friends" of Chief Minister Narendra Modi at "throwaway prices" and accused him of treating the country as a "classroom".
Making public her displeasure of Modi`s campaign, she told a gathering that people of the country were not schoolchildren and hence Modi should not hurl "RSVP" and "ABC" jibes at the Congress and her family members.
On Thursday, Modi took oath and filed his nomination for the mega electoral battle in Varanasi. Among those who proposed his nomination were Madan Mohan Malaviya`s grandson Giridhar Malaviya, Padma Vibhushan awardee Chhandu Lal Mishra, boatman Virbhadra Nishad and Ashok, from the dominant weaver community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'