Not yet clear who is leading Congress: Sitaraman
Ahmedabad: BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitarman Friday attacked Priyanka Gandhi saying that even after six rounds of polling for the Lok Sabha polls, the nation is yet to know who is leading the Congress party.
"The Congress party has serious leadership issues. Now that six rounds of polling are over, Congress is still unclear about who is leading the party...Is it Sonia, Rahul or Priyanka?" Sitaraman told reporters here.
"I would also like to raise the question, in what capacity Priyanka is making statements against Modi. Is she Rahul`s campaign manager or a Congress leader? Should the BJP reply to her statements just because she is member of the Gandhi family?" she said.
Priyanka first needs to clarify whom she represents and in what capacity is she making statements against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate. Congress first needs to decide whom to project as their leader, Sitaraman added.
"Congress`s first family in under siege and their leadership is under challenge," she added.
Eearlier today, while campaigning for her mother Sonia Gandhi in Rai Bareli, Priyanka had taken a dig at Modi saying, "Kabhi ABCD, kabhi RSVP. Aur kabhi da se desh aur ka se kouva. Ba se band bhi to kariye. (Sometimes ABCD, sometimes RSVP. Other time d for desh (country) and c for crow. Now please stop it)."
On a question of which seat will Modi retain after the polls as he is fighting from two seats, She said that party will decide after the election results are out on May 16.
She criticised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for saying that there was no "Modi wave" in the country.
"Though there is a clear Modi wave, the Opposition and the Prime Minister are dismissive about it," he said.
"After six rounds of polling it is very much clear that removal of Congress from power is inevitable. While the Prime Minister may say that Modi wave is a creation of media, but the sheer voting turnout indicates that that there is a wave of change and it is nobody`s creation," Sitaraman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside
- Japanese parents leave son in mountains as punishment, now a massive search in underway