Not yet clear who is leading Congress: Sitaraman
Ahmedabad: BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitarman Friday attacked Priyanka Gandhi saying that even after six rounds of polling for the Lok Sabha polls, the nation is yet to know who is leading the Congress party.
"The Congress party has serious leadership issues. Now that six rounds of polling are over, Congress is still unclear about who is leading the party...Is it Sonia, Rahul or Priyanka?" Sitaraman told reporters here.
"I would also like to raise the question, in what capacity Priyanka is making statements against Modi. Is she Rahul`s campaign manager or a Congress leader? Should the BJP reply to her statements just because she is member of the Gandhi family?" she said.
Priyanka first needs to clarify whom she represents and in what capacity is she making statements against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate. Congress first needs to decide whom to project as their leader, Sitaraman added.
"Congress`s first family in under siege and their leadership is under challenge," she added.
Eearlier today, while campaigning for her mother Sonia Gandhi in Rai Bareli, Priyanka had taken a dig at Modi saying, "Kabhi ABCD, kabhi RSVP. Aur kabhi da se desh aur ka se kouva. Ba se band bhi to kariye. (Sometimes ABCD, sometimes RSVP. Other time d for desh (country) and c for crow. Now please stop it)."
On a question of which seat will Modi retain after the polls as he is fighting from two seats, She said that party will decide after the election results are out on May 16.
She criticised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for saying that there was no "Modi wave" in the country.
"Though there is a clear Modi wave, the Opposition and the Prime Minister are dismissive about it," he said.
"After six rounds of polling it is very much clear that removal of Congress from power is inevitable. While the Prime Minister may say that Modi wave is a creation of media, but the sheer voting turnout indicates that that there is a wave of change and it is nobody`s creation," Sitaraman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day