Notification issued for sixth phase of Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: Notification was issued on Saturday for the sixth phase of Lok Sabha poll to 117 constituencies spread across 12 states, which will go to polls on April 24 to seal the fate of political heavyweights like SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and BJP leader Sushma Swaraj.
These constituencies include all the 39 seats of Tamil Nadu and the solitary constituency of Pudducherry.
The Mainpuri seat, from where the SP chief is contesting, is among the 12 constituencies of Uttar Pradesh going for the election on April 24. Yadav is also contesting from Azamgarh.
Ten seats from Madhya Pradesh, including Vidisha from where Swaraj is contesting, will go to poll on that day.
Jharkhand (four seats), Bihar and Chhattisgarh (seven each), Assam and West Bengal (six seats each), Ananthnag in Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra (19 seats) and Rajasthan (10 seats) will also go to poll on April 24.
While in Jharkhand, polling will take place between 7 AM and 4 PM, in other states, the polling hours will be from 7 AM to 6 PM.
While April 5 has been set as the last date of filing nominations, the scrutiny will take place on April 7. The candidates can withdraw from the electoral race till April 9.
On April 2, notification will be issued for Lok Sabha elections to 89 constituencies across nine states, while on April 12 another notification will be issued for the 8th phase of polling on May 7 in 64 constituencies in seven states.
The ninth and the last phase of General Election will be held on May 12 in which electorate of 41 constituencies spread across three states will exercise their franchise. The notification for the last phase will be issued on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands