Notification issued for sixth phase of Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: Notification was issued on Saturday for the sixth phase of Lok Sabha poll to 117 constituencies spread across 12 states, which will go to polls on April 24 to seal the fate of political heavyweights like SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and BJP leader Sushma Swaraj.
These constituencies include all the 39 seats of Tamil Nadu and the solitary constituency of Pudducherry.
The Mainpuri seat, from where the SP chief is contesting, is among the 12 constituencies of Uttar Pradesh going for the election on April 24. Yadav is also contesting from Azamgarh.
Ten seats from Madhya Pradesh, including Vidisha from where Swaraj is contesting, will go to poll on that day.
Jharkhand (four seats), Bihar and Chhattisgarh (seven each), Assam and West Bengal (six seats each), Ananthnag in Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra (19 seats) and Rajasthan (10 seats) will also go to poll on April 24.
While in Jharkhand, polling will take place between 7 AM and 4 PM, in other states, the polling hours will be from 7 AM to 6 PM.
While April 5 has been set as the last date of filing nominations, the scrutiny will take place on April 7. The candidates can withdraw from the electoral race till April 9.
On April 2, notification will be issued for Lok Sabha elections to 89 constituencies across nine states, while on April 12 another notification will be issued for the 8th phase of polling on May 7 in 64 constituencies in seven states.
The ninth and the last phase of General Election will be held on May 12 in which electorate of 41 constituencies spread across three states will exercise their franchise. The notification for the last phase will be issued on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister