NTR`s actor son Balakrishna wants to contest LS election
Visakhapatnam: Leading Telugu actor N Balakrishna, the son of TDP founder president late N T Rama Rao, has expressed his desire to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha election.
After offering prayers at the Sri Lakshmi Nrushimha Swamy temple at Simhachalam here today, Balakrishna told reporters that he will continue in active politics to fulfil the ideals of his father.
"I will continue in politics to fulfil the ideals of my father N T Rama Rao. I will also contest in the elections," he said.
Balakrishna, who had actively campaigned for the TDP in the past, said he will discuss with his brother-in-law and party president N Chandrababu Naidu as to from where he can contest.
"It will be known only after discussions with Mr Naidu," he said, adding that while continuing in politics, he will also keep acting in films to entertain his fans.
Incidentally, Balakrishna`s daughter is married to Chandrababu`s son, as per a tradition in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi