Odisha BJP rejects BJD`s conditional support to NDA
Bhubaneswar: Terming BJD chief whip Pravat Tripathy`s offer of conditional support to NDA for forming government at the Centre as an "eye-wash", Odisha unit of BJP on Wednesday said it was not ready to accept any condition for development of Odisha.
BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi "himself is a symbol of development. During his public meetings in Odisha, Modiji has promised to work for the development of the eastern states. He will certainly look after the state`s need. Therefore, BJD`s condition is not acceptable for us," BJP state spokesman Samir Mohanty said.
Mohanty said Modi has given assusrance to the people of special package for states like Odisha, West Bengal and Bihar. "As Modiji has already given assurance to people, BJD need not make same as condition for development of the state," he said.
Asked whether the state BJP rejects the BJD Chief Whip`s offer, Mohanty said: "We have not yet sought support from BJD. Therefore, there is no point in accepting or rejecting the support of the BJD. Things will be clear within some hours whether BJP requires their support."
Mohanty further said that Modi had already said in several public meetings that he would ensure irrigation, drinking water, roads, rail and port facilities in the state.
BJP state president K V Singhdeo also replied in the same vein, saying: "BJP is ready for an alliance with BJD to form government in Odisha minus Naveen Patnaik."
"As Naveen is entangled in several cases like coal scam, chitfund scam and mining scam, BJP is not ready to take him in the alliance," Singhdeo said.
He sounded optimistic of a BJP government in Odisha with help of a section of newly elected BJD MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs