Odisha BJP rejects BJD`s conditional support to NDA
Bhubaneswar: Terming BJD chief whip Pravat Tripathy`s offer of conditional support to NDA for forming government at the Centre as an "eye-wash", Odisha unit of BJP on Wednesday said it was not ready to accept any condition for development of Odisha.
BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi "himself is a symbol of development. During his public meetings in Odisha, Modiji has promised to work for the development of the eastern states. He will certainly look after the state`s need. Therefore, BJD`s condition is not acceptable for us," BJP state spokesman Samir Mohanty said.
Mohanty said Modi has given assusrance to the people of special package for states like Odisha, West Bengal and Bihar. "As Modiji has already given assurance to people, BJD need not make same as condition for development of the state," he said.
Asked whether the state BJP rejects the BJD Chief Whip`s offer, Mohanty said: "We have not yet sought support from BJD. Therefore, there is no point in accepting or rejecting the support of the BJD. Things will be clear within some hours whether BJP requires their support."
Mohanty further said that Modi had already said in several public meetings that he would ensure irrigation, drinking water, roads, rail and port facilities in the state.
BJP state president K V Singhdeo also replied in the same vein, saying: "BJP is ready for an alliance with BJD to form government in Odisha minus Naveen Patnaik."
"As Naveen is entangled in several cases like coal scam, chitfund scam and mining scam, BJP is not ready to take him in the alliance," Singhdeo said.
He sounded optimistic of a BJP government in Odisha with help of a section of newly elected BJD MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why