Odisha BJP rejects BJD`s conditional support to NDA
Bhubaneswar: Terming BJD chief whip Pravat Tripathy`s offer of conditional support to NDA for forming government at the Centre as an "eye-wash", Odisha unit of BJP on Wednesday said it was not ready to accept any condition for development of Odisha.
BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi "himself is a symbol of development. During his public meetings in Odisha, Modiji has promised to work for the development of the eastern states. He will certainly look after the state`s need. Therefore, BJD`s condition is not acceptable for us," BJP state spokesman Samir Mohanty said.
Mohanty said Modi has given assusrance to the people of special package for states like Odisha, West Bengal and Bihar. "As Modiji has already given assurance to people, BJD need not make same as condition for development of the state," he said.
Asked whether the state BJP rejects the BJD Chief Whip`s offer, Mohanty said: "We have not yet sought support from BJD. Therefore, there is no point in accepting or rejecting the support of the BJD. Things will be clear within some hours whether BJP requires their support."
Mohanty further said that Modi had already said in several public meetings that he would ensure irrigation, drinking water, roads, rail and port facilities in the state.
BJP state president K V Singhdeo also replied in the same vein, saying: "BJP is ready for an alliance with BJD to form government in Odisha minus Naveen Patnaik."
"As Naveen is entangled in several cases like coal scam, chitfund scam and mining scam, BJP is not ready to take him in the alliance," Singhdeo said.
He sounded optimistic of a BJP government in Odisha with help of a section of newly elected BJD MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India