Odisha BJP rejects BJD`s conditional support to NDA
Bhubaneswar: Terming BJD chief whip Pravat Tripathy`s offer of conditional support to NDA for forming government at the Centre as an "eye-wash", Odisha unit of BJP on Wednesday said it was not ready to accept any condition for development of Odisha.
BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi "himself is a symbol of development. During his public meetings in Odisha, Modiji has promised to work for the development of the eastern states. He will certainly look after the state`s need. Therefore, BJD`s condition is not acceptable for us," BJP state spokesman Samir Mohanty said.
Mohanty said Modi has given assusrance to the people of special package for states like Odisha, West Bengal and Bihar. "As Modiji has already given assurance to people, BJD need not make same as condition for development of the state," he said.
Asked whether the state BJP rejects the BJD Chief Whip`s offer, Mohanty said: "We have not yet sought support from BJD. Therefore, there is no point in accepting or rejecting the support of the BJD. Things will be clear within some hours whether BJP requires their support."
Mohanty further said that Modi had already said in several public meetings that he would ensure irrigation, drinking water, roads, rail and port facilities in the state.
BJP state president K V Singhdeo also replied in the same vein, saying: "BJP is ready for an alliance with BJD to form government in Odisha minus Naveen Patnaik."
"As Naveen is entangled in several cases like coal scam, chitfund scam and mining scam, BJP is not ready to take him in the alliance," Singhdeo said.
He sounded optimistic of a BJP government in Odisha with help of a section of newly elected BJD MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!