Odisha official suspended for campaigning for BJD
Bhubaneswar: An official in Odisha`s Kandhamal district was placed under suspension after a probe found that he was campaigning in favour of the state`s ruling Biju Janata Dal, an official said on Monday.
Brajamohan Patnaik, who works as a statistical assistant at the government hospital in Khajuripada, about 200 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, was placed under suspension after a probe indicted him, District Collector N Thirumala Naik told a news agency.
The elections to the state`s 147-member State Assembly and 21 Lok Sabha seats would be held simultaneously in two phases April 10 and 17. Kandhamal will go to the polls in the first phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'