Odisha official suspended for campaigning for BJD
Bhubaneswar: An official in Odisha`s Kandhamal district was placed under suspension after a probe found that he was campaigning in favour of the state`s ruling Biju Janata Dal, an official said on Monday.
Brajamohan Patnaik, who works as a statistical assistant at the government hospital in Khajuripada, about 200 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, was placed under suspension after a probe indicted him, District Collector N Thirumala Naik told a news agency.
The elections to the state`s 147-member State Assembly and 21 Lok Sabha seats would be held simultaneously in two phases April 10 and 17. Kandhamal will go to the polls in the first phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents