Odisha official suspended for campaigning for BJD
Bhubaneswar: An official in Odisha`s Kandhamal district was placed under suspension after a probe found that he was campaigning in favour of the state`s ruling Biju Janata Dal, an official said on Monday.
Brajamohan Patnaik, who works as a statistical assistant at the government hospital in Khajuripada, about 200 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, was placed under suspension after a probe indicted him, District Collector N Thirumala Naik told a news agency.
The elections to the state`s 147-member State Assembly and 21 Lok Sabha seats would be held simultaneously in two phases April 10 and 17. Kandhamal will go to the polls in the first phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi