Omar hit out at PDP leaders over `tie-up with BJP`
Kulgam (J&K): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said opposition PDP had entered into a clandestine alliance with BJP, and likened its leaders Mufti Mohammad Sayeed and Mehbooba Mufti to BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah.
"The Mufti duo are acting as `Amit Shahs` of Narendra Modi in Jammu and Kashmir. PDP and BJP have entered into a clandestine alliance to supplement and complement each other. Voting in favour of PDP will amount to voting for BJP," Omar said at a poll rally at Devsar here, 75 kms from Srinagar.
Omar said the only aim of PDP in the Lok Sabha polls is to provide tactical support to Modi and BJP and claimed that the fielding of candidates by the party in Jammu-Poonch and Udhampur-Doda seats was a clear indication of this understanding between them.
He said it is an open secret that PDP wants Modi to be at the helm of affairs.
"But PDP and its leadership should know that people of Jammu and Kashmir are wise enough to understand PDP`s vested interests and they will foil its conspiracy it is hatching...For the greed of chair," he said.
The Chief Minister said Modi carries stigma of Gujarat riots on him and has not been exonerated by the public for innocent killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened