Omar hit out at PDP leaders over `tie-up with BJP`
Kulgam (J&K): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said opposition PDP had entered into a clandestine alliance with BJP, and likened its leaders Mufti Mohammad Sayeed and Mehbooba Mufti to BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah.
"The Mufti duo are acting as `Amit Shahs` of Narendra Modi in Jammu and Kashmir. PDP and BJP have entered into a clandestine alliance to supplement and complement each other. Voting in favour of PDP will amount to voting for BJP," Omar said at a poll rally at Devsar here, 75 kms from Srinagar.
Omar said the only aim of PDP in the Lok Sabha polls is to provide tactical support to Modi and BJP and claimed that the fielding of candidates by the party in Jammu-Poonch and Udhampur-Doda seats was a clear indication of this understanding between them.
He said it is an open secret that PDP wants Modi to be at the helm of affairs.
"But PDP and its leadership should know that people of Jammu and Kashmir are wise enough to understand PDP`s vested interests and they will foil its conspiracy it is hatching...For the greed of chair," he said.
The Chief Minister said Modi carries stigma of Gujarat riots on him and has not been exonerated by the public for innocent killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Is it fair to be told your car just turned scrap: Maruti chief RC Bhargava
- Department of Posts fails to pay tax, CBEC faults officials
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday