Once in power, BJP may scrap reservation: Mayawati
Sambhal: It is in the interest of Dalit and the backward community that BJP does not come to power again, BSP chief Mayawati on Saturday said while claiming that the NDA government had tried to amend Constitution to scrap the reservation in jobs and education.
"During the regime of Atal Bihari Vajpayee the BJP attempted to review the Constitution made by Baba Bhim Rao Ambedkar and abolish the reservation in the jobs and education," she said at a rally Mayawati here.
She alleged that if BJP comes to power again then it could set up a commission to review the Constitution and scrap the reservation meant for Dalits and backward community.
"Therefore, in the larger interest of Dalits and backwards it was necessary that BJP does not come to the power in the Centre again," the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said.
Mayawati once again appealed to Muslims that they should not let their vote bank get divided otherwise no one could stop BJP from coming to the power.
She alleged that if a person like Narendra Modi becomes the prime minister then no one can stop communal riots in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...