One person killed in police firing outside booth in Bihar
Patna: One person was killed in police firing outside a polling booth during voting in Bihar`s Sitamarhi district today.
District Magistrate cum Returning Officer Dr Pratima confirmed death of the person in firing by the police outside booth number 224 in Ramnagar village, about 15 km from the district headquarters.
Though reports suggested that death took place in police firing at a group of persons trying to loot the booth, the DM said she was on way to the spot and would speak about it only after verifying facts.
The Sitamarhi Lok Sabha seat is witnessing a triangular fight between JD(U) MP Arjun Rai, RJD`s Sitaram Yadav and BJP`s new ally Rashtriya Loktantrik party candidate Ram Kumar Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply