Ongole Congress MP joins TDP
Hyderabad: Congress MP from Ongole, Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy, on Tuesday joined the Telugu Desam Party.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu formally admitted Magunta and other Congress leaders from Prakasam district into the party and called upon everyone to join hands with him for comprehensive development of Andhra Pradesh.
Magunta, who won the Ongole Lok Sabha seat twice in succession since 2004, said only a leader like Chandrababu could ensure development of Andhra Pradesh (after the bifurcation).
"Only Chandrababu can build a golden Andhra Pradesh," the MP said.
The TDP is expected to field Magunta from the Ongole parliamentary constituency in the May 7 election.
With the exit of Magunta, the Congress is left with no leader worth the name in Prakasam district.
Though former minister M Maheedhar Reddy continues to be with the Congress, he has been keeping away from its affairs.
Meanwhile, Chandrababu has chosen Kesineni Srinivas alias Nani as the TDP candidate for the prestigious Vijayawada Lok Sabha seat.
Ending days of suspense over the nominee, Chandrababu handed over the Form-B to Nani here today, authenticating his candidature for the Vijayawada seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi