Only power-hungry ditched Congress in AP: Chiranjeevi
Kadapa: Union Minister and Congress`s state campaign committee chairman K Chiranjeevi on Saturday said only those who were power-hungry left Congress in Andhra Pradesh while the cadres were still with he party.
Addressing party workers at Indira Bhavan here, the actor-turned-politician said this was the best opportunity for the second/third-rung leaders to come forward.
Several Seemandhra leaders left the party in the wake of passage of Telangana statehood bill in Parliament.
He also criticised former Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for quitting Congress.
Another Union Minister JD Seelam said on this occasion that Congress was committed to the development of Rayalaseema and to solve the water problems.
The party would push the Dammugudem-Nagarjunasagar tail pond project to get water for Rayalaseema, he said.
He urged the people not to seek a separate state of Rayalaseema.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter