Only power-hungry ditched Congress in AP: Chiranjeevi
Kadapa: Union Minister and Congress`s state campaign committee chairman K Chiranjeevi on Saturday said only those who were power-hungry left Congress in Andhra Pradesh while the cadres were still with he party.
Addressing party workers at Indira Bhavan here, the actor-turned-politician said this was the best opportunity for the second/third-rung leaders to come forward.
Several Seemandhra leaders left the party in the wake of passage of Telangana statehood bill in Parliament.
He also criticised former Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for quitting Congress.
Another Union Minister JD Seelam said on this occasion that Congress was committed to the development of Rayalaseema and to solve the water problems.
The party would push the Dammugudem-Nagarjunasagar tail pond project to get water for Rayalaseema, he said.
He urged the people not to seek a separate state of Rayalaseema.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview