Oommen Chandy, Shashi Tharoor cast vote in Kerala
Kottayam: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday cast his vote for the Lok Sabha elections.
"The trend of the polling since morning is very good. There is heavy polling in all the constituencies. The UDF is quite confident about the outcome of these elections. We will win the election with full support of the people of Kerala. They want a strong government at Centre to uphold the high principles of secular India," said Chandy after casting his vote at a polling station in Kottayam.
Congress leader Shashi Tharoor, who is contesting from Trivandrum constituency in Kerala, also cast his vote.
"I am expecting a good and very positive result in this election. The last 15 days of campaigning have shown increasing public reaction of positivity, spontaneity and support. I am very confident and enthusiastic about today`s polling," Tharoor said after casting his vote.
Polling is underway for 20 Lok Sabha seats in Kerala. More than 2.4 crore people will be casting their votes from 21424 polling stations.
Voting is underway for 91 seats in 11 states. People are voting in Chhattisgarh (1), Haryana (10), Jammu and Kashmir (1), Jharkhand (5), Kerala (20), Madhya Pradesh (9), Maharashtra (10), Odisha (10), Uttar Pradesh (10), Bihar (6), Delhi (7), Andaman and Nicobar islands (1), Chandigarh (1) and Lakshadweep (1).
As many as 1419 candidates are contesting for the 91 seats. The polling started at 7 am in the morning and will end at 6 pm in the evening. In Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district, where polling is underway, voting will end at 3 pm.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...