Oommen Chandy, Shashi Tharoor cast vote in Kerala
Kottayam: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday cast his vote for the Lok Sabha elections.
"The trend of the polling since morning is very good. There is heavy polling in all the constituencies. The UDF is quite confident about the outcome of these elections. We will win the election with full support of the people of Kerala. They want a strong government at Centre to uphold the high principles of secular India," said Chandy after casting his vote at a polling station in Kottayam.
Congress leader Shashi Tharoor, who is contesting from Trivandrum constituency in Kerala, also cast his vote.
"I am expecting a good and very positive result in this election. The last 15 days of campaigning have shown increasing public reaction of positivity, spontaneity and support. I am very confident and enthusiastic about today`s polling," Tharoor said after casting his vote.
Polling is underway for 20 Lok Sabha seats in Kerala. More than 2.4 crore people will be casting their votes from 21424 polling stations.
Voting is underway for 91 seats in 11 states. People are voting in Chhattisgarh (1), Haryana (10), Jammu and Kashmir (1), Jharkhand (5), Kerala (20), Madhya Pradesh (9), Maharashtra (10), Odisha (10), Uttar Pradesh (10), Bihar (6), Delhi (7), Andaman and Nicobar islands (1), Chandigarh (1) and Lakshadweep (1).
As many as 1419 candidates are contesting for the 91 seats. The polling started at 7 am in the morning and will end at 6 pm in the evening. In Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district, where polling is underway, voting will end at 3 pm.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city