Our poll agents threatened, EC personnel did nothing: Congress
Agartala: The opposition Congress on Tuesday alleged that the Election Commission personnel played a biased role in the just concluded Lok Sabha elections in Tripura.
"Congress polling agents were threatened of dire consequences by the ruling party cadre. And due to a fear psychosis we could not put up our polling agents in 50 percent polling stations. We have photographs and video clips that poll personnel were aiding the CPI-M supporters," Party spokesman, Ashok Sinha told reporters.
Asked what could be the objective behind any alleged nexus between EC personnel and CPI(M), he said, "We do not know any motto, but we know this situation existed. It has to be changed."
Rubbishing the charge as baseless, CPI(M) said in a statement, "Knowing they would face a humiliating defeat the Congress is making all these charges."
Election was held in two phases for the two Lok Sabha constituencies. Election in Tripura West constituency was held on April 07 and the election in Tripura East (ST) constituency was held on April 12 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed