Our poll agents threatened, EC personnel did nothing: Congress
Agartala: The opposition Congress on Tuesday alleged that the Election Commission personnel played a biased role in the just concluded Lok Sabha elections in Tripura.
"Congress polling agents were threatened of dire consequences by the ruling party cadre. And due to a fear psychosis we could not put up our polling agents in 50 percent polling stations. We have photographs and video clips that poll personnel were aiding the CPI-M supporters," Party spokesman, Ashok Sinha told reporters.
Asked what could be the objective behind any alleged nexus between EC personnel and CPI(M), he said, "We do not know any motto, but we know this situation existed. It has to be changed."
Rubbishing the charge as baseless, CPI(M) said in a statement, "Knowing they would face a humiliating defeat the Congress is making all these charges."
Election was held in two phases for the two Lok Sabha constituencies. Election in Tripura West constituency was held on April 07 and the election in Tripura East (ST) constituency was held on April 12 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- BMWs for Rio Champions: Shobhaa De launches SCATHING attack – See her Tweet
- Horribly Sad! Single lightning strike kills 323 reindeers in Norway
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu