Oust corrupt BJP, Congress: Yogendra Yadav tells Patiala voters
Patiala: Aam Aadmi Party leader Yogendra Yadav on Thursday asked people to throw out "corrupt" BJP and Congress from the country and a "father-son-ruled government" from Punjab.
Yadav said this while holding a roadshow in Patiala Lok Sabha constituency in favour of party nominee Dharamvira Gandhi.
Hitting out at "father-son" duo, an apparent reference to Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his son Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, Yadav said, "Punjab should be of common man and not a fiefdom of father-son," he said.
Attacking BJP and Congress, he said both the parties were "corrupt" and could never do good for the country.
"Arvind Kejriwal will remove corruption from the country," he said.
Yadav asked people to vote for AAP and get the state rid of the drug menace.
"We must put up a fight against the use of liquor, drugs and money in the election. Honesty and truth must win. In politics the time for honesty has arrived. That is what people have signalled to us in the Delhi elections," he said.
"They (opinion polls) were giving up just two to four seats in the Delhi elections. But when the magic machines were opened, they gave us 28 seats. So don`t be surprised if a replay happens on May 16 when the results will be declared," he said.
"It is not AAP that has managed this phenomenal result. It was the `aam aadmi` (common man) who did it. He put faith in us. He was fed up of corruption. All main parties have been blind to this fact because all they have done after coming to power is to shut their eyes and start collecting money," he said.
Yadav`s roadshow started from Banur and passed through Rajpura before ending at Nabha.
He also passed through historic bazaars of Rajpura and Patiala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced