Oust corrupt BJP, Congress: Yogendra Yadav tells Patiala voters
Patiala: Aam Aadmi Party leader Yogendra Yadav on Thursday asked people to throw out "corrupt" BJP and Congress from the country and a "father-son-ruled government" from Punjab.
Yadav said this while holding a roadshow in Patiala Lok Sabha constituency in favour of party nominee Dharamvira Gandhi.
Hitting out at "father-son" duo, an apparent reference to Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his son Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, Yadav said, "Punjab should be of common man and not a fiefdom of father-son," he said.
Attacking BJP and Congress, he said both the parties were "corrupt" and could never do good for the country.
"Arvind Kejriwal will remove corruption from the country," he said.
Yadav asked people to vote for AAP and get the state rid of the drug menace.
"We must put up a fight against the use of liquor, drugs and money in the election. Honesty and truth must win. In politics the time for honesty has arrived. That is what people have signalled to us in the Delhi elections," he said.
"They (opinion polls) were giving up just two to four seats in the Delhi elections. But when the magic machines were opened, they gave us 28 seats. So don`t be surprised if a replay happens on May 16 when the results will be declared," he said.
"It is not AAP that has managed this phenomenal result. It was the `aam aadmi` (common man) who did it. He put faith in us. He was fed up of corruption. All main parties have been blind to this fact because all they have done after coming to power is to shut their eyes and start collecting money," he said.
Yadav`s roadshow started from Banur and passed through Rajpura before ending at Nabha.
He also passed through historic bazaars of Rajpura and Patiala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre