Over 3.9 lakh voters use NOTA option in MP Lok Sabha polls
Bhopal: More than 3.91 lakh voters exercised the `NOTA` (none of the above) option in the 29 constituencies in Madhya Pradesh in the Lok Sabha polls.
Out of the 3,91,797 voters who used the NOTA option in EVMs and postal ballots in the state, the maximum number of NOTA votes (30,364) came from Ratlam constituency, while the lowest number of 4,219 voters from Gwalior pressed this button, official sources said.
The number of voters who exercised the NOTA option in other constituencies are as follows: Balaghat 6,922, Betul 26,726, Dewas 10,253, Guna 12,481, Chhindwara 25,499, Damoh 12,600, Dhar 15,437, Hoshangabad 18,741, Indore 5,944, Jabalpur 7,888, Khajuraho 7,838, Khandwa 17,149, Khargone 22,141, Rajgarh 10,292.
Morena 4,792, Mandla 28,306, Mandsaur 8,568, Bhind 5,572, Vidisha 10,618, Bhopal 5,181, Ujjain 12,287, Tikamgarh 10,055, Sidhi 17,350, Sagar 9,504, Shahdol 21,376, Satna 13,036 and Rewa 10,658, the sources said.
The Election Commission had introduced the NOTA option for the first time during 2013 Assembly elections in five states. NOTA votes are counted under the category of invalid votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas