Over 80 percent vote as polling time ends in Bengal
Kolkata: Over 80 percent voters cast their ballot as the scheduled time of polling for four Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal came to an end Thursday.
"Over 80 percent of the electorate took part in the voting," said an Election Commission official.
However, the figure would go up as there were still a number of people in queues at the polling booths.
Four constituencies - Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar and Coochbehar - went to the hustings in the state Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway