Over 80 percent vote as polling time ends in Bengal
Kolkata: Over 80 percent voters cast their ballot as the scheduled time of polling for four Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal came to an end Thursday.
"Over 80 percent of the electorate took part in the voting," said an Election Commission official.
However, the figure would go up as there were still a number of people in queues at the polling booths.
Four constituencies - Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar and Coochbehar - went to the hustings in the state Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months