Over 80 percent vote as polling time ends in Bengal
Kolkata: Over 80 percent voters cast their ballot as the scheduled time of polling for four Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal came to an end Thursday.
"Over 80 percent of the electorate took part in the voting," said an Election Commission official.
However, the figure would go up as there were still a number of people in queues at the polling booths.
Four constituencies - Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar and Coochbehar - went to the hustings in the state Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- `I`m not 100 percent`, admits US Open champion Novak Djokovic
- Kanhaiya, two others granted regular bail in sedition case
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case