Over six lakh litres liquor, Rs 10 cr cash seized in Punjab
Chandigarh: A total of 6.15 lakh litres of liquor and Rs 10.75 crore of cash has been seized in the poll-bound state of Punjab till now.
Officials said the seizures were made till yesterday and the figures will see an increase as there is still a week to go for the final polling date in the state.
All 13 seats of Punjab will vote on April 30.
The EC has also created a maximum of 841 village level awareness groups in the state comprising citizens who have been brought on board to spread the message of clean and fair elections, a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video