Pallam Raju files nomination from Kakinada LS seat
Rajahmundry: Union HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju on Saturday said the Congress was the only party to launch development initiative for the welfare of minorities and the weaker sections of society.
Raju, who filed nomination for Kakinada Lok Sabha seat in Andhra Pradesh today, interacted with Muslim religious leaders, including heads of mosques, and also the street vendors.
"Congress party has undertaken several developmental schemes and welfare programmes for the benefit of minorities and others. The party has initiated programmes for the benefit of Muslims by developing mosques and function halls," he said.
Raju, who has won three terms from the seat, said the Congress was preparing a comprehensive plan for setting up industries and related businesses and firms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!