Pallam Raju files nomination from Kakinada LS seat
Rajahmundry: Union HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju on Saturday said the Congress was the only party to launch development initiative for the welfare of minorities and the weaker sections of society.
Raju, who filed nomination for Kakinada Lok Sabha seat in Andhra Pradesh today, interacted with Muslim religious leaders, including heads of mosques, and also the street vendors.
"Congress party has undertaken several developmental schemes and welfare programmes for the benefit of minorities and others. The party has initiated programmes for the benefit of Muslims by developing mosques and function halls," he said.
Raju, who has won three terms from the seat, said the Congress was preparing a comprehensive plan for setting up industries and related businesses and firms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman