Paresh Rawal tops list of richest candidates in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Popular actor and BJP`s Lok Sabha candidate for Ahmedabad-East constituency, Paresh Rawal, is the richest contestant in Gujarat with a total family wealth of Rs 79.40 crores, pipping his party colleague from Navsari, CR Patil.
Rawal submitted his affidavit along with his nomination papers to the election officer yesterday. As per the affidavit, Rawal (59) and his family, including wife Swaroop and two sons Aniruddha and Aditya, are in possession of assets and investments worth Rs 79.40 crores (Rs 68.28 crores in Rawal`s name, Rs 8.75 crores in Swaroop`s name and Rs 2.37 crores with his two sons).
Rawal declared movable assets such as cash and jewellery, in his name worth Rs 52.72 crores while Rs 2.75 crores are in Swaroop`s name. Rawal is in possession of immovable assets such as land worth Rs 15.56 crores while his wife owns property worth Rs 6 crores.
The actor-turned-politician has put his liabilities, including bank loans, at Rs 5.54 crores while his wife`s liabilities are valued at Rs 1.05 crores.
Rawal is followed by BJP candidate and sitting MP of Navsari C R Patil (59) who declared assets worth Rs 74.47 crore, including of his wife and a HUF (Hindu Undivided Family) run by him. As per the affidavit, Patil`s movable assets are valued at Rs 34.56 crores, including Rs 28.27 crore in his name.
They own immovable property worth Rs 29.91 crores, including Rs 19.95 crores in his name.
However, Patil is also having a huge burden of bank loans and other liabilities valued at Rs 40.58 crores.
Builder-turned-politician Rituraj Mehta, who is contesting on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) ticket, will fight BJP veteran LK Advani from Gandhinagar seat.
Mehta and his wife owns assets worth Rs 25.69 crores, including Rs 7.97 crores in movable assets and Rs 17.82 crores in immovable assets. As per his affidavit, Mehta`s total liabilities are put at Rs 18.55 crores. Congress heavyweight Shakersinh Vaghela also made it to the list of richest candidates in Gujarat with total assets worth Rs 41.35 crores. Vaghela (74), contesting from Sabarkantha seat, declared that he does not have any liability or unpaid loans on his head.
As per his affidavit, the cumulative value of movable assets owned by him and wife is Rs 27.69 lakhs, including Rs 16.82 lakhs in his name. Vaghela personally owns immovable property including land, worth Rs 14.03 crores, while his wife has immovable assets worth Rs 7.05 crores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31