Parties close to UPA paid for people`s anger against Congress: BSP
Lucknow: Faced with one of the worst showing in Lok Sabha elections in which her party failed to open its account, BSP chief Mayawati on Saturday said the parties which had supported the UPA at the Centre faced the anger of the people towards the Congress-led alliance.
"The unprecedented success of BJP in the 16th Lok Sabha elections indicates that the parties which supported the UPA at the Centre to check communal forces had to pay for the anger which the people of the country had for the UPA policies," Mayawati told newspersons here.
The BSP chief did not see any wrong in her party`s strategy and policy for the polls and was confident that her Dalit votebank was intact.
For the bad showing of her party in the polls, she blamed the misleading propaganda of BJP and other parties, confusion among the Muslims, OBCs and upper castes and efforts of the saffron party to communalise the atmosphere.
"This time our party has not managed to win a single seat in the country...Our party BSP feels that BJP, Congress, SP and other political parties` planned conspiracy and strategy and different types of propaganda is responsible for it," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?